I love making quiche on Sunday morning! It is quick and easy and packed with protein to keep you fueled for your day. Another reason I love making this on Sunday’s is you can have the leftovers for breakfast or lunch the rest of the week.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1 cup parmesan or mozzerella cheese, shredded
1 tbs red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 9 pan (I like Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
- Line bottom and sides of the pan with sweet potatoes and drizzle with EVOO
- Bake potato crust for 20 minutes
- While crust is cooking mix, eggs, cheese, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, whisking quickly
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven heat to 375 and top with spinach (be sure the water is removed from the spinach, squeeze between two paper towels).
- Pour egg mix over spinach
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 375
- Quiche is done when knife will come out clean for the center of the quiche
This is a pretty quiche with the layers and orange and green. The eggs will fill in any cracks between the crust which is perfect. Enjoy your breakfast!