I love making quiche on Sunday morning! It is quick and easy and packed with protein to keep you fueled for your day. Another reason I love making this on Sunday’s is you can have the leftovers for breakfast or lunch the rest of the week.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1 cup parmesan or mozzerella cheese, shredded
1 tbs red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 9 pan (I like Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
- Line bottom and sides of the pan with sweet potatoes and drizzle with EVOO
- Bake potato crust for 20 minutes
- While crust is cooking mix, eggs, cheese, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, whisking quickly
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven heat to 375 and top with spinach (be sure the water is removed from the spinach, squeeze between two paper towels).
- Pour egg mix over spinach
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 375
- Quiche is done when knife will come out clean for the center of the quiche
This is a pretty quiche with the layers and orange and green. The eggs will fill in any cracks between the crust which is perfect. Enjoy your breakfast!
Mexican for breakfast, yes please 🙂 This is a fabulous weekend breakfast.
2 scrambled eggs
2 tbs cheese, shredded
1/4 cup boca crumbles with black beans
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 tbs greek yogurt
1 handful spinach
1 tbs salsa
1. Scramble eggs and top with cheese
2. Mix salsa with boca crumbles and heat
3. Plate breakfast burrito: tortilla, yogurt, spinach, eggs, tomatoes, boca
4. ENJOY 🙂
This breakfast only takes about 5 minutes to make and is very filling and will keep you energized all morning! You could also top the egg with a little greek yogurt infused with hot sauce, pepper, dill, cilantro, any herb or spice!! It will give this quick breakfast a new flavor each time you make it. As I have said several times and will keep saying, mix things us and try cooking the same dishes different ways, keep your taste buds guessing!
1 piece whole wheat toast
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 egg, cooked over hard (or your favorite way)
Hot Sauce, to taste
1. Begin cooking egg, meanwhile slice avocado, when egg is almost finished toast your bread.
2. Plate: Smash the avocado slices on the toast and top with egg, add hot sauce if desired.
Have a great day!!
I’m not a traditional breakfast food eater. I come up with this combo a while back and had to post it again, it’s so good! Crunchy Peanut Butter Toast with an Egg on Top = Yummmmm
1 piece of whole wheat toast
2 tbsp crunchy nut butter
1 egg, cooked medium with dill and red pepper
1 tbsp agave
1. Warm sautee pan to medium, spray with cooking spray, crack egg, season and cover with lid. This will help the egg to steam it’s self. Keep an eye on it and turn the heat down if needed. Should take about 5 minutes depending on how runny you like the yoke.
2. Meanwhile, toast bread and spread with nut butter.
3. Top toast with egg, agave and hot sauce if desired.
I really like the sweet and spicy combo here and I cook my egg so the yoke is almost hard, I don’t like runny yokes. Play around with it and make my recipe for this your own!
Breakfast can be overlooked far to often in our busy schedules. These little breakfast frittata’s are easy to make ahead of time and store in the frig when you’re on the go. This week I made a batch of 12 and have been eating off them all week. I pop a couple in the microwave to heat them up and top with greek yogurt and hot sauce or just eat them plain. The great thing about these little guys is you can put anything in them, cheese, peppers, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, any veggie, vegan sausage, a whole vegan meatball. Use your imagination and get creative. You could make them for a month and always come up with a new recipe.
2 tbsp salsa
1 cup boca crumbles
salt and pepper
Hot Sauce or Salsa
- Pre heat oven 350 degrees and line 12 muffins cups with foil liners or spray with olive oil.
- Mix eggs, salsa and salt and pepper to taste with a fork until all yokes broken and combined.
- Place 1 tbsp boca crumbles in the bottom of each muffin
- Pour egg mixture over all 12 muffins, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until eggs are solid. check with a fork or toothpick to ensure eggs are cooked all the way.
- Let cool 10 minutes and enjoy.
Morning are beautiful! Sunshine and a delicious smoothie, doesn’t get any better! How do you start your day?
Fresh strawberries, ice cubes, chocolate protein powder, chia seeds and cashew milk = super charged breakfast and I’m ready to start my day!!
I love this for breakfast or an afternoon snack! Raw veggies and hummus travel very well so it’s an easy breakfast on the go. Enjoy 🙂
2 tbs hummus
Place veggie on a plate, add hummus in the middle and enjoy this colorful light summer breakfast.