Vegetable tacos with fajita style vegetable is the best, add some fresh squeezed lime and cilantro and you’ve got yourself a tasty taco.
corn tortilla shells
2 tbs greek yogurt
1 portobello mushroom cap, cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
1/2 yellow onion, cut in strips
1 avocado, cut in strips
lime, cut into wedges
- In a large pan sautee all vegetables with EVOO and black pepper over medium heat, about 6 minutes until veggies are bright in color.
- Warm tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds.
- Plate: use 2 tortilla shells per taco, spread with greek yogurt, top with veggies and cilantro and finally squeeze fresh limes over the tacos and ENJOY!!
Stir Fry is a fast weeknight dinner in our house. I like to make subtle changes, adding an egg to the rice or adding peas to the rice and playing with sauces and flavors. There are some many combinations you can create, use that imagination and step outside of your normal dinner routine.
2 cups brown rice, cooked in rice cooker or according to package
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 zuchinni, diced
1 yellow squash, diced
2 portobello caps, diced
Sauce of your choice – I used Kikkoman’s Stir Fry Sauce this time (soy sauce and EVOO is a stable sauce as well)
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or stove top according to directions (I love my rice cooker because I add the rice and water and let it cook, no checking, it’s so easy)
- In large wok add all vegetables and a little EVOO, sautee on medium for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently
- When rice is finished cooking add to sautee pan and add peas over medium heat, stir about 2 minutes
- Make a hole in the center of the rice and crack in 2 eggs, mix well with rice and continue cooking over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until egg is fully cooked. This makes the rice sticky
- Add sauce to vegetables and continue to sautee a couple more minutes until peppers are bright green and red
Plate and enjoy 🙂
I know a lot of my post start with I love….. 🙂 It’s true I love a lot of vegetables and fun dishes but Mushroom Soup, oh my goodness, it’s a favorite, especially in the winter and homemade! There is nothing better that a homemade cup of soup on a chilly day.
2 cups white button mushrooms, diced
2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 cups cashew milk
2 cups vegetable broth
3 tbs mascarpone cheese
1 tbs white pepper
Parmesan Cheese to top
- Sautee white button mushrooms and garlic in EVOO until tender, about 4 minutes
- In a blender add vegetable broth, white mushrooms, garlic, mascarpone, puree until smooth. Set aside
- Sautee baby portobello mushrooms in EVOO until tender, about 4 minutes
- While portobello mushrooms are cooking, heat cashew milk over medium heat in large pot, bring to simmer
- When milk is simmering slower add mushroom and broth puree and bring to a boil, stirring consistently
- Reduce heat to low and simmer soup about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 of the baby portobello mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Top each cup of soup with a few portobello mushrooms and shredded parmersan cheese
Happy Winter Warm Up!!
Asparagus and mushroom ravioli with a light cashew milk sauce, it’s delicious. I love any type of pasta and this was extremely easy, perfect for a week night dinner.
1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup asparagus, cut in 2 inch segments
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 packet cheese ravioli, cooked according to package
1 cup cashew milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package with asparagus in the water as well
- Meanwhile sautee mushrooms and garlic in oil for 3 minutes
- Remove mushrooms and garlic from pan and add cashew milk, bring to a simmer and add parmesan cheese, stirring constantly
- When cheese has melted add mushrooms and asparagus to sauce, simmer 1 more minute.
- Plate ravioli and top with vegetables and sauce.
I enjoy cooking from scratch but it does not always have to be that way. This is a delicious way to add extra flavor and color to a package of ravioli. At Christmas time we always have a Christmas Fettuccine but I wanted to change things up this year and make this ravioli dish instead.
6 Days Till Christmas!!
Restaurant Shout Out!! The Little Village in Historic St Andrew’s is FANTASTIC! They have live local music, Finn’s Restaurant and an adorable little hippie shop. I had their veggie tacos which were marvelous, see for yourself:
Sweet potato, black bean, cabbage, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime. I would highly recommend the Little Village to anyone in the area, its a great place to unwind, relax and enjoy great company.
Sometimes you just need a little pasta and a simply fast dinner. I whipped this up in about 7 minutes, simple, delicious and pretty! 4 ingredients, 3 of which I have on hand at all times. Pasta is something I could eat for dinner every night but I don’t! I hope you enjoy 🙂
1 package mushroom ravioli
4 cups uncooked kale, chopped
4 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup spaghetti sauce (Your Favorite)
1. Cook ravioli according to package.
2. Meanwhile, sautee chopped kale in pan with 2 tbsp water until wilted and bright green.
3. Heat spaghetti sauce in glass measuring cup in microwave for 1.5 min
4. Plate: this serves 2 so split the portions in half.
Kale, cheese, ravioli, sauce=Delicious
In lieu of St Patty’s Day: Green veggies are so good for you and easy to add to anything! Try eating 1 green veggie a day for a week, you’ll be surprised how easy it is. Spinach, kale, avocado, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cucumbers, green peppers, leafy greens, beet greens and many more!
1/2 zucchini, diced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
2 large handfuls baby spinach
4 oz bake chipolta tofu, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
To Taste: salt, pepper, hot sauce
1. Add zucchini, onion, tofu into a heated sautee pan with 1 tbsp of water and sautee for 5 minutes.
2. Add Spinach, salt and pepper and continue to sautee 3 minutes.
3. Plate and top with diced avocado!