I love making quiche on Sunday morning! It is quick and easy and packed with protein to keep you fueled for your day. Another reason I love making this on Sunday’s is you can have the leftovers for breakfast or lunch the rest of the week.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1 cup parmesan or mozzerella cheese, shredded
1 tbs red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 9 pan (I like Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
- Line bottom and sides of the pan with sweet potatoes and drizzle with EVOO
- Bake potato crust for 20 minutes
- While crust is cooking mix, eggs, cheese, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, whisking quickly
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven heat to 375 and top with spinach (be sure the water is removed from the spinach, squeeze between two paper towels).
- Pour egg mix over spinach
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 375
- Quiche is done when knife will come out clean for the center of the quiche
This is a pretty quiche with the layers and orange and green. The eggs will fill in any cracks between the crust which is perfect. Enjoy your breakfast!
Mexican for breakfast, yes please 🙂 This is a fabulous weekend breakfast.
2 scrambled eggs
2 tbs cheese, shredded
1/4 cup boca crumbles with black beans
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 tbs greek yogurt
1 handful spinach
1 tbs salsa
1. Scramble eggs and top with cheese
2. Mix salsa with boca crumbles and heat
3. Plate breakfast burrito: tortilla, yogurt, spinach, eggs, tomatoes, boca
4. ENJOY 🙂
This breakfast only takes about 5 minutes to make and is very filling and will keep you energized all morning! You could also top the egg with a little greek yogurt infused with hot sauce, pepper, dill, cilantro, any herb or spice!! It will give this quick breakfast a new flavor each time you make it. As I have said several times and will keep saying, mix things us and try cooking the same dishes different ways, keep your taste buds guessing!
1 piece whole wheat toast
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 egg, cooked over hard (or your favorite way)
Hot Sauce, to taste
1. Begin cooking egg, meanwhile slice avocado, when egg is almost finished toast your bread.
2. Plate: Smash the avocado slices on the toast and top with egg, add hot sauce if desired.
Have a great day!!
Smoothies are a fantastic fast breakfast. I love adding anything and everything to my smoothies. The Beatles glass is the perfect zen touch to this morning smoothie, great mantra for the day: “LET IT BE”
2 handfuls kale, chopped
1 tbsp coconut shreds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup cashew milk
1 scoop vegan protein powder
1 frozen banana, sliced
Optional: add water if you want it less thick
Blend all ingredients until mixed well and ENJOY!
What a great way to start your day with the super food KALE!!!
Taco time! We love Mexican food in our house, corn tortillas are the best! I put this together when ingredients I had on hand, I just wanted something different for breakfast! And it kept me full till lunch. I hope you enjoy!
2 corn shells
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1 slice pepperjack cheese, cut in half
1 tbsp salsa verde
1. Over medium heat cook eggs for 5-7 minutes until done. I break the egg into 2 separate pieces when it starts to cook up so I have equal parts for my tacos.
2.When eggs are no longer runny, top with cheese and cover. Let stand 1 minute.
3. Heat shells in microwave for 15 seconds.
4. Spread 1 tbsp greek yogurt on each shell. Top with egg/cheese and the sprinkle with salsa verde.
I’m not a traditional breakfast food eater. I come up with this combo a while back and had to post it again, it’s so good! Crunchy Peanut Butter Toast with an Egg on Top = Yummmmm
1 piece of whole wheat toast
2 tbsp crunchy nut butter
1 egg, cooked medium with dill and red pepper
1 tbsp agave
1. Warm sautee pan to medium, spray with cooking spray, crack egg, season and cover with lid. This will help the egg to steam it’s self. Keep an eye on it and turn the heat down if needed. Should take about 5 minutes depending on how runny you like the yoke.
2. Meanwhile, toast bread and spread with nut butter.
3. Top toast with egg, agave and hot sauce if desired.
I really like the sweet and spicy combo here and I cook my egg so the yoke is almost hard, I don’t like runny yokes. Play around with it and make my recipe for this your own!
Quinoa is such a versatile grain! It’s great hot or cold and sweet or savory! This recipe is a simple veggie mix with quinoa and topped with an egg, which is optional of course!
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 green pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
3 basil cubes from trader joes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp dill weed
- In a rice cook mix quinoa, water and basil cubes and cook quinoa. (If you don’t have a rice cooker, cook in medium sauce pan over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, quinoa will be fluffy and water all soaked up when done.)
- Sautee over low heat with 2 tbsp of water: onion, pepper, tomato, zucchini, garlic, dill for 5 minutes. Add black beans and continue cooking additional 3-5 minutes until tomatoes burst and zucchini is bright green.
- Meanwhile cook your eggs over easy or medium, however you like them best if you are using the eggs.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa and veggie mix.
- Dish out into small bowls to serve and top with egg of choice.
You can also top it with hot sauce, greek yogurt, chives, salsa, fresh lemon or lime anything that sounds good to you.