The Beet! So delicious and good for you packed with folate and manganese. Beets are my all time favorite vegetable and so versatile: salads, hot or cold side dish, appetizers, juiced, pureed or mashed the options are endless. For the Love of Beets!
4 small to medium beets
2 tsp agave
4 tbs walnuts
2 tbs pecans
2 tbs cream cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Cook beets: trim top and bottom of the beets, leaving the skin one. Place in a glass baking dish with bottom cut side down. Fill pan with about a 1/4 in of water and over with foil. Bake beets at 450 for 40 – 60 minutes, depending on their size. Check beets with a fork, it if pierces easy the are done.
- Remove from over and let cool. When beets are cool enough to touch rub the skins off with a paper towel. The faster you can do this the better, if you have gloves, wear them! If not you will dye your hands purple, it will wash out after a few good scrubs 🙂 I’m ok with purple hands, beets are worth it. Hee Hee
- Using a melon baller core out the middle of the beets to make room for the nut pate and set beets aside
- In a food processor mix: walnuts, pecans, cream cheese, and spices until combined and chopped.
- To plate: scoop nut pate into the core of the beet, top with a raspberry and drizzle with agave. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve. They will keep overnight as well but the beet will bleed onto the nut pate a bit.