I know a lot of my post start with I love….. 🙂 It’s true I love a lot of vegetables and fun dishes but Mushroom Soup, oh my goodness, it’s a favorite, especially in the winter and homemade! There is nothing better that a homemade cup of soup on a chilly day.
2 cups white button mushrooms, diced
2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 cups cashew milk
2 cups vegetable broth
3 tbs mascarpone cheese
1 tbs white pepper
Parmesan Cheese to top
- Sautee white button mushrooms and garlic in EVOO until tender, about 4 minutes
- In a blender add vegetable broth, white mushrooms, garlic, mascarpone, puree until smooth. Set aside
- Sautee baby portobello mushrooms in EVOO until tender, about 4 minutes
- While portobello mushrooms are cooking, heat cashew milk over medium heat in large pot, bring to simmer
- When milk is simmering slower add mushroom and broth puree and bring to a boil, stirring consistently
- Reduce heat to low and simmer soup about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 of the baby portobello mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Top each cup of soup with a few portobello mushrooms and shredded parmersan cheese
Happy Winter Warm Up!!