Asparagus and mushroom ravioli with a light cashew milk sauce, it’s delicious. I love any type of pasta and this was extremely easy, perfect for a week night dinner.
1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup asparagus, cut in 2 inch segments
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 packet cheese ravioli, cooked according to package
1 cup cashew milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package with asparagus in the water as well
- Meanwhile sautee mushrooms and garlic in oil for 3 minutes
- Remove mushrooms and garlic from pan and add cashew milk, bring to a simmer and add parmesan cheese, stirring constantly
- When cheese has melted add mushrooms and asparagus to sauce, simmer 1 more minute.
- Plate ravioli and top with vegetables and sauce.
I enjoy cooking from scratch but it does not always have to be that way. This is a delicious way to add extra flavor and color to a package of ravioli. At Christmas time we always have a Christmas Fettuccine but I wanted to change things up this year and make this ravioli dish instead.
6 Days Till Christmas!!