Yum! I could eat pasta everyday, I just love it. This is a lighter version of Alfredo sauce that I love to make when you need a good pasta fix. The leftovers of this recipe also reheat better than a traditional Alfredo sauce with tons of Parmesan cheese. Buona Mangiata!
Ingredients (serves 2 with a little leftover 🙂 )
1/2 block fat free cream cheese, room temp
1 cup cashew milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 small jar roasted red pepper, diced
2 cups broccoli, diced
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp Italian spices
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
6 oz fettuccine noodles, cooked according to box
1. Cook fettuccine according to box.
2. While pasta is cooking heat large wok pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, broccoli and roasted peppers. Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
3. Create a hole in the center of the broccoli and add cashew milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepper and Italian spices. Stir frequently to melt cheese and combine with broccoli/red pepper mix.
4. Drain pasta when completely cooked.
5. Add fettuccine noddles to broccoli cheese mix, and toss to coat pasta. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 3 minutes then serve.
Serve with your favorite salad to start or garlic knots.