Quinoa is such a versatile grain! It’s great hot or cold and sweet or savory! This recipe is a simple veggie mix with quinoa and topped with an egg, which is optional of course!
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 green pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
3 basil cubes from trader joes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp dill weed
- In a rice cook mix quinoa, water and basil cubes and cook quinoa. (If you don’t have a rice cooker, cook in medium sauce pan over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, quinoa will be fluffy and water all soaked up when done.)
- Sautee over low heat with 2 tbsp of water: onion, pepper, tomato, zucchini, garlic, dill for 5 minutes. Add black beans and continue cooking additional 3-5 minutes until tomatoes burst and zucchini is bright green.
- Meanwhile cook your eggs over easy or medium, however you like them best if you are using the eggs.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa and veggie mix.
- Dish out into small bowls to serve and top with egg of choice.
You can also top it with hot sauce, greek yogurt, chives, salsa, fresh lemon or lime anything that sounds good to you.