Chili is a great fall staple, it’s easy to toss everything in a crock pot and let it simmer. The whole house starts to smell like fall, it’s fantastic and great for company. You can make your favorite chili and add a can of pumpkin puree or mix it up a bit and follow along below:
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 jalapenos, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 tub Gimme Lean Vegan Sausage, thawed
2 cups boca crumbles, thawed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pumpkin puree
1 btl pumpkin beer or 1 1/2 cups water
1/2 pumpkin coffee, optional
1/4 cup sriracha sauce
2 tbsp ground red pepper
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp chili powder
Optional Toppings: Greek Yogurt, Daiya Vegan Cheese, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Chives, Goldfish Crackers, more chili powder
- Set crock pot to high heat for 2 hours. (Use stove top large pan if you don’t have a crock pot).
- Add onion, pepper, jalapeno, garlic, Gimme Lean Sausage with juice from 1 can of tomatoes. Using a flat wooden spoon chop sausage until broken into small pieces in crock pot.
- Stir occasionally for 10 minutes be sure not so burn veggies and sausage.
- Add remaining tomato cans, pumpkin beer, pumpkin puree, pumpkin coffee and sriracha sauce. Stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and set crock pot to low for 1.5 hours, stir every 45 minutes to prevent burning.
- Turn to warm and serve as desired with optional toppings.