I love making soups, I have said this before I don’t mind if it’s 90 degrees outside, I still love soup! This is a great summer/fall recipe for delicious Sweet Corn Chowder. I make a huge batch of this and freeze double servings and thaw when we don’t feel like making dinner, so easy!
6 ears sweet corn, corn cut from cob
1 yellow onion, diced
6 red potatoes, diced
1 bag baby spinach
1 bunch chives, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
6 cups unsweetened cashew milk
1 tbsp lawry’s salt
2 tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp dill weed
- In large pan sautee onion in 1 tbsp of water on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of almond milk and potatoes, corn, garlic, salt, pepper, dill and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining almond milk and stir in nutritional yeast and chives. Return to boil and reduce to medium heat, add spinach and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes and enjoy.
- If you desire it thicker add more nutritional yeast or mash the soup with potato masher and stir.
We like to make top with greek yogurt (do you see the pattern, greek yogurt will go on anything in our house, HaHa), salsa, hot sauce, we love using different garnishes for everything. Again, get creative, anything that sounds good most likely is, so try it!