Happy Labor Day!! I hope most of you are enjoying the day with friends and family, hopefully outside! We love our 3 day weekends packed with lots of yummy food, friends and cooking outside! This weekend we took our paddle boards out and packed a backpack with lunch and found a quiet spot to stop and enjoy the views of nature around us, it was fantastic. On to the yummy food part, our dinner was amazing!! If you have not tried Avocado Fries yet, it is a must, they are even better than I could have imagined!! I made ours with spice because we love all things spicy but you can leave out the spice and add Italian seasonings or your favorite dry seasonings as well. I hope you enjoy and Happy Eating 😉
Pineapple Tofu Skewers
8 oz baked tofu, Hawaiian flavored is my fav
2 cups pineapple, cubed
Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce, to brush on
1. Pre heat grill to medium setting.
2. Dice tofu and pineapple into cubes and skewer every other until skewer is full.
3. Brush skewers with Sweet Chili Sauce.
4. Once grill is warm, grill skewers for about 10-15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes until they are hot and juicy!
2 avocados, pit removed and sliced
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp lawry’s salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tbsp hot sauce, optional
Dipping Sauce (or you can just use the Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce)
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp jalapeno juice (from jar of jalapenos)
1 tbsp agave, optional
1 tsp garlic, minced
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients except avocado and lime juice and hot sauce in a bowl with a large bottom.
3. Mix lime juice and hot sauce.
4. Dip avocado slices in lime juice then in bowl on both sides to cover avocado with breading and place on back sheet.
5. Once all slices are done, cook in oven for 15 minutes, until crispy to the touch.
6. While fries are baking mix dipping sauce and put skewers on the grill.
7. Dipping Sauce: mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
8. Let avocaodo fries cool about 3 minutes and serve.