Soup Kick!! This will make your house smell amazing, if you like garlic, LOL!! I could eat this once a week it is that good! Bonus garlic is good for you!
3 large heads of garlic, top cut off to expose cloves and extra skin removed, bulb will still be in-tacked
5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onions, finely diced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup half and half
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce to taste, add a few dashes to your bowl of soup
Parmesan cheese, shredded, add to your bowl of soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the garlic heads on a large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the packet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, squeeze the garlic head until all of the roasted flesh is released.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil for 30 seconds add onions, and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, white wine, half and half, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for 35 minutes.
- Using an emulsion blender, purée the soup in the sauce pan until smooth.
- Serve immediately with crostini.
1 small baguette, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Drizzle baking sheet with olive oil and place bread on top, drizzle bread with a little more olive oil.
- Bake 5 minutes, remove bread from oven and flip. Top with garlic and cheese and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Seriously if you like garlic, must must must try this!!! Hope you enjoy.