Happy Thanksgiving!! I can’t believe it’s the end of November already! I hope you enjoy your day with family and friends. Give thanks for each person in your life, your talents and abilities and all the many blessing in your life. My Thanksgiving menu this year is very simple and is a great comfort food dinner in July or anytime of the year.
I am thankful for:
- My supportive and loving husband
- All of you wonderful people who follow my blog
- All the amazing people who have blogs that I follow, I love being inspired each day by all of you!
- Family and Friends
- Living in Florida and lots of sunshine and the beautiful ocean
- My 2 pups, Miles and Frankie
- Being a vegetarian and all the doors it has opened up for me
- My job and work family
- The truly amazing world of nature that God has created for us
- Music…. I love Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, Ziggy Marley, The Beatles and the list goes on
- Sunday Fundays!! Best day of the week to relax and do everything and nothing.
Baked Tofu, Bourison Mashed Redskins, Rosemary Mushrooms and Asparagus
Baked Tofu with Onion and Sage
1 extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp sage
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After you have squeezed the extra moisture from the tofu slice in half lengthwise to make 2 pieces of tofu.
- Combine remain ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix together.
- Dip tofu in soy sauce mix on all sides, then place on a bake sheet. Repeat with other piece; then pour remaining mix over the tofu on the bake sheet.
- Bake tofu for 30 minutes, flip after 15 minutes.
Redskin Mashed with Bourison
8 small redskin potatoes, washed and diced
1 packet bourison cheese
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Boil 6 cups of water in medium pan
- Add potatoes and return to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Test the potatoes with a fork, once done strain water.
- Add cheese and almond milk to potatoes and mash. Sometimes we like out potatoes lumpy other times we mash them smooth, if you like a smoother mashed potato add more milk.
Baby Portobello Mushrooms with Rosemary Glaze
1 8 oz container baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned
2 tbsp rosemary, dried steams or powered (4 tbsp for fresh)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 packet vegetable broth concentrate
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In medium sauté pan add soy sauce, rosemary, veggie broth and water. Simmer 1-2 minutes while stirring ingredients together.
- Add mushrooms and simmer 4-6 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add nutritional yeast to help thicken the base, whisk together.
Steamed Asparagus Drizzled with Truffle Oil
1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and ends trimmed
1 tsp white truffle oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Steam asparagus for 4-6 minutes, until it turns bright green. Be mindful not so overcook the asparagus, undercooks is better than over to help preserve nutrients of the vegetable.
- Remove asparagus from steamer or stovetop and place on plate to serve. Drizzle with truffle oil, salt and pepper.