I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day with family and friends! Remember the true meaning of Memorial Day, to honor those who lost their lives while serving our country. If you meditate or practice yoga perhaps dedicate your mediation or practice to those who have lost their lives defending our freedom. At least take a moment of silence this Memorial Day to show honor and respect the significance of today. Thank you to those of you who serve or have served; my thoughts are prayers are with you.
These mushrooms taste amazing and are full of flavor, however they are not the most beautiful mushrooms in the world. Mine shrunk down very fast and the stuffing started to spill over a bit, but the taste, YUM!! Happy Memorial Day!!
Grilled Boca Dijon Mustard Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
3 portobello mushrooms, stem removed
1 cup boca crumbles
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 bag baby spinach, cooked
1 tbsp yellow onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat grill and lightly cover mushrooms with olive oil.
- Combine thawed boca, cooked spinach, mustard, onion, garlic and nutritional yeast in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill mushrooms tops first for 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and fill mushroom caps with boca mixture. Return to grill and cook for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- OPTION: Top with vegan cheese and cook additional 2 minutes or put cheese under boca stuffing and cook.
BBQ Potato Salad
2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
3 green onions, sliced bulb to greens
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dill weed
1 tbsp paprika
3-4 tbsp BBQ rub, Corky’s BBQ is our favorite
1 tsp red pepper
- Boil potatoes on high for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes, add to bowl with sauce and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate up to 3 hours to chill and serve.